Since the summer of 2017, Wildheart has been working within the area between Paxton Street to State Street on the north and south and Cameron Street to South 19th Street to the east and west. This area of Harrisburg is home to 16.917 residents* of the City of Harrisburg, making up nearly 34% of the total population. Allison Hill is located entirely within Zip Code 17104 and also encompasses Census Tract 213, the poorest and most ethnically diverse CT within the City of Harrisburg. All Wildheart programs are centered on building bridges within our community and are offered to all Allison Hill residents and homes.
REBUILD: THE HARRISBURG COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (HCDC)
- The Harrisburg Community Development Corporation to provide affordable housing to the community of Allison Hill through rehabilitation to new construction, residential to commercial.
RESTORE: LOVE THE HILL PROJECTS
- Love the Hill Clean Up Days throughout the Spring & Fall to cleanup, maintain and improve the Allison Hill community
- Love the Hill Summer Project which hosts and facilitates teams of volunteers for an immersive one-month experience in serving
- Teen Internship which employs and mentors local inner city youth and runs alongside the Summer Project and The Hill Farm
- Quarterly Block Parties hosting and connecting 300+ neighbors with free food, games and other service providers within the community
REVIVE: THE HILL FARM
- The Hill Farm which is an educational resource for both students and individuals desiring to learn the skills for backyard gardening and healthy living
- Bi-weekly Food Distribution through their partnership with Life Seeds International