Parking and Other Info
WHAT TO WEAR?
- We recommend that all volunteers wear the following:
- Closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable pants or shorts
- Work gloves
- Protective eye wear and/or hat
- Sun screen
- Bug spray
HOURS AND DAYS
- 5 days a week: Monday-Thursday, Saturday
- Monday-Thursday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: 8 am - 3 pm
- Parking is on 13th Street in front of the Mansion
- Do NOT park in the parking lot beside the Mansion or you will be towed
- Check-in will take place in the living room at the Mansion at 333 S 13th St Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Each volunteer MUST sign a waiver before volunteering. Waivers will be collected at the time of check-in
- T-shirts will be given to your group representative(s) at the time of check-in unless you’ve coordinated to pick t-shirts up in advance
- Understand the assignment. Stick together. No one goes anywhere alone.
- Stay in the assigned area. Do not enter houses or vehicles.
- Use equipment that you know how to operate. Keep track of tools. Use common sense.
- At the end of the day, bring all tools to the Mansion. Put away tools as instructed.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Debris goes on the curb in three separate piles: Yard Waste; Tires; Garbage.
END OF THE DAY
- Return to the Mansion with your team and tools. Put away tools as instructed.
- If you need documentation of your volunteer hours, please report to the check-in table
- Feel free to bring additional snacks and drinks for your group
- All volunteers must be at least 11 years of age
- If you volunteer more than one day, please check in daily